In 1964, chemical engineer Todd Simpson developed and patented a cold brew system that, using regular coffee beans, creates a superior-tasting cup of hot or cold coffee. And, with significantl less acid than coffee made by conventional hot brew methods, it’s easier on sensitive stomachs. The coffee maker box contains:
Brewing Container with Handle, Glass Decanter with Lid, Reusable Filters (2), Rubber Stopper (1), Instructions & Recipe Guide.
The cold brew process creates a perfectly balanced and distinctively smooth cup of coffee – served steaming hot or iced cold.For the best flavou, start with coarsely ground coffee beans (fresh roasted is best) and filteed water.
• Insert stopper, dampen the filte and insert into bottom of brewing container
• Add 235ml of water to container, then add 170g of ground coffee
• Slowly pour 710ml of water over the grounds in a circular motion
• Add remaining 170g of ground coffee and wait 5 minutes
• Slowly add remaining 710ml of water – DO NOT STIR – lightly press down top grounds with the back of a spoon to ensure all grounds are wet
• Leave to steep for 12 to 24 hours to create a smooth, rich flavour
• Remove stopper and let the coffee concentrate flow into the glass decanter
• Keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks